The following databases are available to Hastings Public Library card holders.
Call the library at (402) 461-2346 or e-mail us for your User ID and password.
EBSCOhost (Password required, must have a current library card. See databases below.)
- Biography Reference Bank Retrieve full text biographical profiles of notable people, living and dead.
- eBook Collection Search and view the full text of eBooks.
- NoveList is a guide to all things fiction—use it to find new authors and titles. NoveList has everything for the fiction reader from author and title read-alikes to series searches.
- MAS Ultra—Public Library Edition This database provides full text for nearly 350 periodicals covering general reference topics, including health, science, and other areas. In addition, to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for nearly 500 periodicals. Full text backfiles go back as far as January of 1985, while indexing and abstract backfiles go as far back as January of 1984.
- OmniFile Full Text Select Search full text articles from popular magazines and scholarly journals.
Hastings Public Library has added Mango Languages to its growing list of patron resources. Mango is free of charge to all Hastings Public Library members and is the easiest and most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language. Access Mango Languages from home using your library card number. You can create an account to track your progress or skip this step and "start learning"
(Must have a current library card.)
My library, anytime, with Nebraska OverDrive Libraries. With support from the Nebraska Library Commission, HPL now offers digital audio books and eBooks via Nebraska OverDrive Libraries. Browse a dynamic collection of digital books. Check out and download best-selling titles to your PC, then transfer to a portable device or burn some titles to CD and enjoy anytime, anywhere. (Nebraska OverDrive Libraries is for home use, must have a current library card.) Starting July 17, 2008, on an ongoing basis, a maintenance window will be scheduled on the third Thursday of each month, from 7am – 8 am. Nebraska OverDrive may not be available during the maintenance.
NetLibrary provides users with full-text searching of electronic books. Over 10,000 titles to choose from. NetLibrary provides access to Hastings Public Library's eContent collection. eContent is the digital version of books, journals, and database content. You can access eContent 24 hours a days, seven days a week. (Password required, must set up a free personal account at the library.)
NewsBank With unmatched U.S. news content from local, regional, and national sources, this resource is the largest of its kind. Its diverse source types include printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos. Explore a specific issue or event through the detailed coverage provided by local reporting or compare a wide variety of viewpoints from across the country on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people. (Password is your library card number.)
Searching for the name or address of a person or a business or a list of businesses in a specific industry or in a specific location? ReferenceUSA not only is searchable by name, address, or location but also by yellow page heading or the name of a company executive. Includes links to financial statistics: current stock quotes, Edgar Financial Information, credit ratings, annual reports and much more. (Password is your library card number.)
Value Line is a source of accurate and independently created research information for investors. Value Line collects data and analyzes performance of approximately 8,000 stocks, 13,000 mutual funds, 80,000 options and other securities. (Password required, must have a current library card.)
Access Value Line remotely from home. | Access Value Line from the library.
Zino provides full digital copies of your favorite magazines. 121 magazine titles are available through HPL. View magazines on your computer or mobile device. Unlimited access to our entire collection. Create a Zinio account.
View/Print Instructions [PDF].
View/Print Title List [PDF] .